• Kurt Ward

Cooking Materials Cause Burlington House Fire Monday

A house fire at 1628 Amberly Court in Burlington caused more than $120,000 damage Monday morning. Burlington Firefighters responded to the call and extinguished the fire within 15 minutes of arrival on the scene. No injuries were reported. Firefighters blamed cooking materials as the cause of this fire. In the media release announcing this fire, the Burlington Fire Department warned the public to be sure to thoroughly wet any charcoal briquets or wood chips used for grilling before disposing of them. Used charcoal and wood chips can hold their heat for an extended period and can re-ignite if not completely extinguished by soaking.

3 views0 comments